Wednesday 15 September 2010

Jewellers Bench ~ Silver work

 Back in June I posted about having a clear out in my workshop getting ready for change and never got back to posting the pictures I have taken.

This is my Jewellers bench, a birthday gift from Kevin Last year which for a couple of reasons has sat unused. However its up and running now and I enjoyed working on the first little piece to be sawn, hammered, soldered, pickled, stone set and polished on it!

It has been so long since I had worked with silver I was so out of practice. I need more days of playing around at my bench.
Here are some pictures of some of the silver work I did at college.
I have never shown these pieces on my blog before.

 Iris pendant which is hand made in silver with a silk hand embroidered insert. 

Iris brooch which has a machine embroidered insert.



Thistle brooch also with hand embroidered insert

Silver swirl brooch with silk fabric and machine embroidery on soluble fabric & added beads.

As you can see I really enjoyed mixing the silver with the textile I'm hoping to do more of this sort of thing again now that my jewellers bench is up and running.

It's turning cold here in Scotland, I felt I needed to brighten up my blog and give a brighter look, hoping to hang on to that summer feeling for as long as possible.........

2 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Stunning! How unusual to have textile and silver together like that and how well it goes.

JAne

Unknown said...

Things I love to do also ! I wish you where near where I lived. I'd be your best friend (wink) we would have ,double, the beautiful mess ! Lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...