Sunday 19 September 2010

Thread sketching samples

Whilst looking for a suitable sketchbook for a journal, these 3 little pieces fell out my sketchbook this morning. I hadn't even photographed them until today the date on them is 2008!

Flower


I was just having a little play around with paint paper and my sewing machine, having been inspired by a Cloth paper scissors project by Kelli Perkins ~ Thread sketching October 2007 issue  ......wasn't sure about them at the time but I think I quite like them.

Birdhouse

The last one isn't stitched, I couldn't decide whether to or not

Dancers
I think I might do some more of these...................

1 comment:

Marigold Jam said...

Love them. I really wish I could learn how to get my machine to do free embroidery like that. I did have one lesson but I guess I need to practice and practice as so far all I get is a scribbly mess!

Do do some more and let us see them.

JAne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...