Wednesday 17 September 2014

Crochet Curtain

I've started a little curtain for my hall window with the cream coloured crochet cotton I found at the boot sale in East Fortune, 
its probably going to be a long term project, but as I enjoy the change from DK & Aran yarn to fine crochet cotton Im sure it will just get done eventually. I dont have a pattern as such just an idea that if I make enough flowers and join them all together it will make an nice interesting piece. 


The two full looking ones were the first pieces I did with this cotton. They are my own pattern, just made it up as I went along on the car journey home, just wanted to try out the yarn.
not sure I will use them in the final piece.
The top 3 flower, leaf and star shaped ones and the one on the bottom right, 
I found on diagram patterns on Pinterest .
 The largest one, bottom centre is from the book 'Hook Yarn & Crochet' by Ros badger.
This one is my favourite so far and I think probably the most complicated one to date that I have managed to do.

6 comments:

sally said...

Can you tat? Maybe know someone that can? Some tatted flowers would look wonderful thrown into the mix :-)

Sally

Digbe said...

Following! Can't wait to see finished.

Su said...

That is going to be beautiful :-)

Yvonne Moxon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks ladies! Sally I would love to be able to tat I have a shuttle and a dvd from the tatting guild which I tried and failed miserably to follow. More recently I decided to give it another go and bought a tutorial from craftsy but again could not follow. I'm thrilled I've learned to crochet though.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Oooh, this is going to be beautiful Yvonne! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses ((hugs)) xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...