Tuesday 20 March 2012

Goosey

The theme this week's Tag Tuesday is 'Goosey'
 I decided to do a textile tag for a change


I coloured some thick close weave upholstery fabric with 'Jovi' soft fabric crayons 


 added some Oliver Twist thread off cuts and couched in place with some hand stitching and french knots.

My little goose is hand appliqued white cotton with cheesecloth wing.
I hand embroidered the legs and beak.


I added a little eyelet, but it got a little damaged when fixing.
It's the  first time I have used one of these and need a bit of practise at setting them.
 I used a yellow organza ribbon tie.

Thanks for stopping by
Yvonne x

5 comments:

Twiglet said...

Beautiful little goose tag - perfect way to use upholstery fabric scraps and such lovely embroidery too.

Lynn Holland said...

Its lovely Yvonne,you really are inspirational.
Just putting mine on now.
Lynn x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you both for popping over, and for your nice comments. I really enjoy making the tags and taking part :)
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Another lovely tag!

Jane - creativity abounds said...

Hi Yvonnne, I started ages ago to leave a comment about your charming gossey tag, but I got distracted by your gorgeous blog, and got here by way of your pretty flower fairy quilt and lovely beads and other bits and pieces, and finally got to see your lovely tidy craft room. I've had a great time, thank you for having me, Jane xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...