Friday 28 September 2012

Comments, Patchwork and Prayer Flags

As I sat down at my laptop this morning, with little C packed off to nursery for the morning I had full intentions of going out to my little studio to find another unfinished project to get on with. That was until I read the lovely comments about the cake I made for my aunt, thank you so much, all of you! but I can't take credit for the design I saw the idea for the icing effect here on pinterest and pinned it sometime ago to remind me the next time I needed a simple icing idea for my favourite Victoria sponge recipe. 
 I'm so glad I clicked on the link to Jan's blog and saw and read about lovely prayer flags that she and others are making, I was lost on a journey reading all about them and I want to make some now! 
 This is my little mini quilt which I finally finished the binding on last night. I put it away after completing the applique some time ago and blogged about here.
 I decided I would make it in to a wall hanging and perhaps display it in my little caravan.
I have been meaning to make bunting for my little caravan too but perhaps a string of prayer flags would be nicer and more meaningful.
Have a lovely day, its raining and windy here,I hope your weather is better x

4 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh Yvonne.... your little mini quilt is soooo sweet, it will make a beautiful wall-hanging. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...I would love to swap a prayer flag with you, I've just sent you an email :) Jan x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks Jan :) looking forward to making my prayer flags!

TwinkleToes2day said...

WOW Yvonne, your mini quilt is GORgeous!!
I really don't want to sound ignorant, but what are prayer flags please? :0) x

Joy said...

Beautiful little quilt. I can see it took a lot of time and I see lots of detail. You did a wonderful job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...