Working some more on the machine embroidery sample at the weekend, I stitched around the flower on the pale blue background with a filler stitch in a pale green cotton space dyed thread.
I came across a little charm pack of tissue silks which I had purchased some time ago in the drawer and decided I would have a go with them.
There was quite a selection of colours so I opted to use a few different ones.
I free stitched over these petal shapes but I think I over did it a bit and sat looking at the piece for quite a while before deciding that I didn't like it. I think it looks too busy!
So I cut into it and removed some sections with my little embroidery scissors.
I also outlined the leaves with a space dyed rayon cord.
I'm not sure how to progress with this, perhaps I should work on the background a bit now.