In my last post I mentioned my Flower Quilt which I was working on about this time last year.
it was more of a remake / refashion.
I wanted to make it a bit smaller and a bit more interesting on the reverse, I got as far as making a new reverse side complete with four new painted panels.
pieced together with the squares I removed from the other side.
The new side.
I took out the thick heavy blanket that was in there and replaced it with a thinner fleece throw from IKEA. Im thinking this will be just as warm but easier to wash size and weight wise.
A few hours spent over the weekend
re-hand quilting the six painted panels on original side
the colours have faded a little
but still as pretty
I enjoyed the process of quilting it by hand again
onto the new cream throw
I worked with a large hoop to quilt and found it much easier and quicker,
I bought the hoop a while ago and have never used it before now.
Today more progress......
Some of the original green backing fabric cut into strips for binding.
I'm not too in love with the colour,
thought I'd use some blue or green fabric paint to brighten it up
I settled on the blue, covered the table with cling film and
brushed the paint & water solution onto the strips.
Strips all dried and colour fixed with a hot iron ...a nice match for the quilt
they have a little bit of a sparkle to them which you cant see in the picture.
good match for the paler original side too.
The strips are 2.5 inches wide, for a double binding these are now folded in half
ironed and ready for stitching on tomorrow.