Tuesday 15 May 2012

Buttterflies in the garden

My lovely studio sits in the corner of our garden and from there I enjoy a beautiful view of all that is growing there but I can't take any credit for the work that goes on there or the delicious produce that we enjoy from it. My husband is the gardener, with our little girl taking a keen interest on the side.
 This week's theme over at 'Tag Tuesday' is 'Gardening' so I asked him for something I could use,
a packet of seeds perhaps as a starting point.
After a potter about in the shed he came back with 
A tag!
from the lovely Japonica shrub which is in the planter that sits by my studio door
so not much to do to this one really.
I added two paper butterflies and some little fibre scraps
I brushed the edge with a Markal iridescent red paintstik
and glued on some seed beads.

 (Apparently, Japonica is a genus of butterfly in the family Lycaenidae)
Tag: Plant tag
Embellishments: Organza, yarn, paper & beads.
Tie: Satin ribbon.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm with you....I am not a gardener either....I do love your workspace though and am a little green here in Lancashire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...