Thursday 20 May 2010

Flowers for me again!

Today I have some more beautiful flowers to show you, my friend Jackie came to visit and brought me these beautiful little tulips.


She also told me some interesting facts about tulips which I didn't know so thought I'd share. Apparently tulips are the only flowers whose stems continue to lengthen after you cut them, hence the reason the appear to end up sitting at different heights in the vase even when they started off all the same height. Also she says that tulips tend to grow to the shape and direction of the vase that you arrange them in. I shall photograph these in a few days time and see what happens.
It's such a beautiful day again today the sun is out and its lovely and warm here.
Think is time for a walk with the pram Charlotte needs a nap .....and I need to sew!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...