Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Flower Quilt Update

All the four side strips and both the 2x2 blocks have been machined and ironed.

I did a bit of rearranging again with the layout of them, its probably not that noticeable but they were a bit random before and with so many different colours and patterns in the fabrics I decided to put them into some sort of order.

with that done I started work on the new panels I managed to get all 4 out of one pillowcase!

using my sketchbook for reference I drew the designs directly onto the fabric with watercolour pencils, I'm assuming it will dissolve when I use the watercolour dyes.
If it doesn't it wont matter as the colours will just blend in.

I then remembered about my new fabric crayons which I got at the show and thought I would try these out to highlight some areas, I'm assuming they will act as a wax resist .

It's all gone a bit experimental now! they will probably be quite different from the first panels but that's good Ilike different!  I am having fun! totally enjoying the process and look forward to tomorrow when I will get the paints out.


Twiglet said...

Oo what a lovely crafty post. The watercolour pics look great - I will look forward to seeing the finished thing. x Jo

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks, I'm really enjoying this project :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...