Sunday 25 May 2008

Colour Button necklace

Colour Button necklace
This was the result of an experiment with machine embroidery on soluble fabric, buttons, beads and lots of fiddly sewing........very time consuming I have to say but I like the result.....

and 'Flowerdance' cuff this originated from a transfer crayon rubbing ironed to fabric with an organza overlay.....lots of machine embroidery..... then hand embroidery...there was never a plan just a wandering of 'whatever I felt like doing next' .... I like it.... it works....


Both available in my shop

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love the color button necklace. Some of your work reminds me of years ago when I made some earrings and a pin out of watercolor paper and some glued on seed pearls beads (fake). I thought it was very pretty--this was in the 1980's and people thought I was rather strange to wear such things. Making these things without any 'art rules' is such fun. Now, if I make anything, it would mostly be a handmade scrapbook for photos of my grandchildren.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Hi Joy thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Now scrapbooking is something I wish I had time and talent to do I have so many wonderful pictures of my children most of which are in boxes and boring plain albums.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...