Saturday 16 June 2012

Sweet little bike

I decided last week to sell my lovely Claud Butler classic bike, a beautiful bike it was, silver and gleaming it sat day after day in the shed, I have used it only a handful of times since I bought it 18mths ago. 
I took C out for a ride in her seat on the back last week and when I did, I knew I was making the right decision. It was too big for me, I purchased the bike on line and never tried it out before I bought it......lesson learnt. Needless to say it sold very quickly and as the buyer left, C was watching from the window upstairs       looking a bit sad she asked if we were going to get another bike, I felt terrible, she had really enjoyed the cycle ride the day before, giggling with excitement 
:( :( :(
I was now on a mission to find something to replace it and it wasn't long before my relentless searches every day on Gumtree provided the answer. We needed a smaller bike that would get us out and about, a lot more often, fun to ride, and also be able to take with us in the caravan
and this is it !
A sweet little vintage Raleigh Universal folding bike.
 I'm so pleased with it and was thrilled to find out that C's seat fits on the back just fine. 
Her seat is one that simply clamps on to the pannier rack and is quick and easy to remove.
It's a solid little bike, it's perfect for our needs, C is lower down and closer to me so we have little chats and sing songs along the way :).....she has a smile on her face again...me too!
The little basket on the front used to hold hats and scarf's in Cs wardrobe, but we needed something to carry our books to the library.
 I attached it onto the handlebars with two little leather buckle straps saved from a pair of ankle strap shoes (nothing gets wasted in here!)
Last night I gathered some fabrics and made some pretty bunting for the front :)

This was taken in my workshop tonight, couldn't get a better picture outside as it has rained all day!
Still,  I bought the bike 3 days ago and we had two lovely sunny days of fun 
 and I'm sure we will have many more ...cant wait !

6 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a super cute basket! Nice job Yvonne! Hope we get more Summery weather for you to get out and about ;) x

JansArtyJunk said...

Love the Basket and the Bunting!! :)
Jan x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks guys :) Glad you like it :)

Lynn Holland said...

For one mad moment I had a picture of you as Julie Andrews flying along on your bike. It's lovely Yvonne.
Lynn x x

Anonymous said...

Just as well you aren't having weather like ours, or you would have to put floats on it!!

Diane said...

The bunting on the basket is a GREAT idea! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...