Thursday 14 February 2008

Fabric Crayon Fun

It's been a long time since I had my crayons out! I bought these fabric transfer crayons while I was doing my C&G Embroidery at college. I had a lot of fun with them then but had forgotton how much!

This is a little watercolour painting I bought in Prague a few years ago. The vibrant colours just jumped out at me when I saw it for sale on the artists board by the river and just had to have it.

Taking the colours and shapes I began to mark make on a sheet of white paper, not in any kind of order or position.......

Leaning heavier I outlined some more edges ......



Now to cut it all up!



A new pile of shapes...........



Measuring out and penciled in on a new sheet of paper a postard size of 6 x 4 inches & glued some of the shapes in a randome order.......still lots left over...



Two ATC sized ones......& still some left over....only blue sky pieces so I made a 3rd ATC sized piece with them.

Next I ironed them onto randomly chosen fabrics



The colours are quite deep & sometimes you can get two transfers from the one image

These pieces are just the begining..... now to get my scrap bag and threads out!











2 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

Hi, Thanks for commenting on my blog always good to hear from visitors.

I was really interested by the way you produced these little art works by cutting and then recombining the pieces. I must have a go at this and see what comes out of the exercise. It seems a geat way to add a little creative spark. - John

Yvonne Moxon said...

Glad the process has inspired you John, it's great fun! hope you enjoy the excercise...looking forward to seeing what you make of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...