Saturday, 23 March 2013

Mountmellick Framed

I finished my Mountmellick piece that I was working on with Airdrie Branch EG,
and finally I got around to washing, damp stretching it and framing it up so here it is.

  I'm quite pleased with how its turned out
I did enjoy sometimes it was heavy going with the thick threads through the tightly woven fabric but the effect is lovely.
I did take some pictures as I progressed but forgot to do a post on them so here are some closer views




 a darker picture to show the texture.
This pattern was designed by Katie Pirson and featured in issue 68 of Stitch EG magazine

I'm working on another little Mountmellick piece,
this time my own design which I will show soon x

5 comments:

sewphie said...

That's lovely - I really like the toadstools and the little bug

Rhiannon said...

this looks amazing! love the effect of the white on white. understated and beautiful.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Very very gorgeous Yvonne! Bravo! It looks wonderful in the frame. Hope to see progress on your new one too :0) mo x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you so much ladies for your kind comments Yx

Katie Pirson said...

Yvonne this has come out beautifully! Mountmellick is tough on the fingers thanks to the fabric and thread combination but your textures and beautifully sculptured effects are perfect! I'm setting up and album of students/kit users work from my designs and would love to use these. If your happy for me to could you email me the images to katie@katiepirson.co.uk
Thanks and fab stitching!

https://www.facebook.com/KatiePirsonEmbroidery

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...