Wednesday 27 March 2013

ATC's for EG Swap

I'm taking part in the ATC swap at EG Scottish Regional Day 
This year it will be held in Dundee Caird Hall on 27th April.
The theme is 'Diamonds'
Participants should make two or four ATC stitched / textile cards
I lost my email with all the info on this and kept reminding myself I had to find it to print off the entry form.
I only found it this yesterday morning and realised that I had to make my two cards and have them posted off to reach Glasgow by 1st April!
I am going to regional day and had it in my head that we could just register to participate and just bring them along on the day...not so.....what I had read was that you could collect your swap on regional day and would not need to send off an extra envelope for them to be sent to you. 
I knew there was a reason I needed to find it!
So here are my little offerings for the swap


#1 ' Night Sparkle'
This was my first attempt, a bleached black fabric background overlaid with organza ribbon then fabric edged with lace and embellished with sequins, bugle beads and crystals.
 It didn't really turn out as I imagined, but its quite shimmery & sparkly.
I was more pleased with how number 2 turned out,

#2 'Sparkle & Lace'

I prefer #2 I really enjoyed working on it, I cut out the diamond shape from fusible buckram and sprinkled it with iridescent glitter and ironed between baking parchment. I ironed this onto the lace and fabric background then stitched over it. I used one of my lovely Caron wildflower threads called 'Williamsburg'
with such a patriotic colour theme it could easily have been called 'Blighty' 
I couched some sparkly stretchy trim up the side and added a little line of bullion knots and a sprinkle of french knots over the lace pattern.
After adding the backings I secured the edges in blanket stitch with DMC Ecru, 6 strands for a nice finish.
Hope they please their recipients.
These will be posted off today so they should make the deadline.
Looking forward to hopefully seeing all the entries on the day!

3 comments:

Barb Cady said...

These are beautiful Yvonne, glad you found the entry form! (By the way, I saw your comment on Janes tag Tuesday and just to say I collected the intense pencils and they are great on paper but really good on fabric,I use them quite a bit). X

Carol Rigby said...

Lovely ATC's. My favourite is the second one too. It's such a shame you can't appreciate the sparkle in pictures as much as you can when you see the real thing. Hope you show us your swap.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you both for your nice comments, I think I might look at those pencils again Barb, I will of course show off the two I get in return :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...