Thursday 21 February 2013

New jeans for old .......

There are many ideas going round for recycling jeans and I finally got around to trying some out first off was this fab idea , you may have read before of how difficult it can be for me to find clothes to properly my little girl Charlotte as she is very slim on the bottom. Although almost four she is just wearing 3-4 tops now and the last pair of jeans I bought for her were 18-24 m these fit her really well but with one problem the length she will very soon outgrow them, this is ok in the summer months as she can wear shorts and cut offs but its still very cold here in Scotland and so you can imagine how excited I was when I came across a little idea for lengthening a pair of little jeans, I have tried to locate the source of the idea since and now cannot find it : /



There is also another idea  here @ Trottersweetpeas which I might try next


Next was this book cover the idea,
   blue-jean-notebook1
which I got here on Planet Forward via pintrest

and this is mine  
I made mine a removable cover which just slips on, I basically drew around the book which was open flat, then stitched along the line, turned it over to the front and trimmed around the line. 
I then stitched some stems,
added a pocket for pencils, glue stick and eraser

 then hand stitched the flowers to the tops of the stems.

 I then pinned a strip of fabric either side behind each end for slip pockets and stitched on the front around the line again, trimmed away the excess fabric, so easy and no measuring!

Stitching the A- Z tags has made me want to use the stitches in other ways ans this little project was a delight to work my way through, and is now very useful! :)
I think I might make another one for my A6 sketchbook

Next up is this little prayer flag for a special Lady who is in hospital at the moment,
 Hand stitched applique petals, hand embroidered words, flower stem & border detail, dyed vintage crochet lace, ribbon, seed beads, yarn, machine embroidered circle, dyed shell buttons, handmade Tyvek focal bead, Copper wire hanger tied with wired organza ribbon.
 click imaged for an enlarged view
 I thought I would send her this to let her know we are thinking about her and praying for her every day.

3 comments:

Twiglet said...

Fab re-cycling of your denim. x Jo

TwinkleToes2day said...

Finally got here!! That's a great idea on how to lengthen Charlotte's jeans Yvonne, they look extra cute now. And those book covers are great! Your little pencil pocket is so cool! Something like this would be fab for taking out and about for making notes or sketches.
Your prayer flag is super sweet and so very kind and special for your poorly friend. I'm sure it will help in her recovery along with your prayers. :0) Mo xx

Carol in Tennessee said...

just discovered your blog via a pin about your denim sketchbook cover, how delightful! I love anything created with a touch of whimsy and look forward to following you. Best wishes! Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...