Thursday 27 September 2012

A Birthday Tea

We had a little get together at my niece, Adele's a few weeks ago and although I took some pictures, so many things were going on I forgot to do a little post.
It was in celebration of my Aunt Margaret's birthday. 
I made her a Ribbon Rose Cake.
A traditional Victoria sponge
 filled with Strawberry & champagne jam and strawberry fromage frais 
it was quite yummy!
I also made her a heat pack
in this pretty blue and lavender print fabric with some vintage buttons.
 She is suffering from a sore shoulder and says it is helping.

These are little courgette and feta pastries I made to take. They were quite delicious,  made them from a recipe I adapted from a Greek cookbook I brought back from a holiday in Crete.  
I'm going to write up the recipe for these in a separate post with more pics as they are easy to make.

I don't have any other pictures of the day as we were so busy eating and chatting I forgot to get the camera out opps!

7 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Oh my, that cake looks amazing! Wow.

Su said...

You MADE that cake?!!!!! I'm in total awe, it looks amazing! :-)

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh wow!! Your cake is stunning!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Lynn Holland said...

We had the same cake for my friend's birthday a few weeks ago it was made by another friend DELICIOUS.

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a fabulous spread there must have been and I bet your Aunt really appreciated the time & love that went into making such a beautiful cake :0) x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you! everyone :) I find that piping butter icing still one of the most effective ways to pretty up cakes, I cant take credit for the idea though I found that on pinterest :)

Joy said...

The cake is beautiful! I just bought some mini cupcakes so I'm off now to eat a few!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...