Wednesday 8 February 2012

Winter Warmers

I was delighted when I got a proper needle felting mat in my Christmas stocking thanks Santa :)
and after a few weeks of tidying and reorganising my studio I got a chance to sit down a few days ago and have fun with it


.... and made these warm fuzzy felt brooches


the top fibres are much more sparkly, similar to the hex beads in real life, its difficult to capture this


its nice to be using up some of my stash, I aim this year, to only use what I have and get it out of the drawers and enjoyed :)
I'm almost done with the studio sort out, doing it in small doses with creative time out inbetween, makes it much more enjoyable and manageable. There are no major changes, just a couple of shelves added here and there. It's more of a rethinking on where and how I store things in relation to where I work with and use them.

thanks for stopping by
Yvonne x

8 comments:

Twiglet said...

Stunning little brooches - I love the texture/colour. x Jo

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you, its nice to get feedback :)
thanks for visiting Yvonne x

Knittynutter said...

I love the brooches, and needle felting looks great, maybe ill give it a go...

Marigold Jam said...

Love those brooches - I am inspiered to have a go at something along those lines too! Good luck with the sort out and hope you can find things in their new places!

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks :)

Yvonne Moxon said...

Glad you like them :) I can recommend needlefelting for a change. The finding and re-discovering of things has been fun!

Linda said...

I love the brooches Yvonne and wanted to say I absolutely love the textile postcard you sent me as part of Anne's postcard exchange.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you!, it was great taking part in the exchange.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...