Thursday 19 May 2011

In remembrance



Today I have lit a little candle from Lourdes for a very dear Lady, a very old family friend Betty, who sadly passed away this week. Her funeral is today but I am unable to be there in person, I don't have transport today and it is too far away to take public transport. I feel sorry that I can't be there.

Betty has gone home to be with Ben her husband who died a few years ago.
They didn't have any children of their own  but they shared in our family occasions, weddings, christenings, my parents silver and gold wedding anniversaries and special birthday events. They used to enjoy visiting when we were children and always took time to chat to us kids and would bring us sweets.
Both were very good friends of my parents, Ben was my Dads fishing pal and they would sometimes spend sunny days out with us on some loch or river picnicking & fishing.

I am sad that she is gone but happy that they are together now.

May she rest in peace x

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh this was a lovely thought, and so pretty, Betty would have liked this, T x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...