Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fabric and beads stash

I have been clearing out and managing to spend a lot more time creating in my little Boxoftrix studio, however all the lovely pieces I'm working on are for Christmas gifts and so I can't post pictures just yet. however I want to show my lovely shelves. Old video shelves retrieved from the attic cleaned up and painted white.
Hung up on their side they make great storage for my collection of smaller pieces of fabric. These have all been stashed in drawers until now, out of sight they do not inspire at all but here on my little shelves they speak to me and I have now so many projects filling my sketchbook waiting to be made!

The little shelf in the middle is one that has been in the family for quite some time, I think my older brother made it in woodwork class at school ...it has been painted every colour under the sun, I painted it pale blue when it was in my boys room, I like the colour so just kept it blue. Now its being used to house my little button jars (Asda herb & spice jars) and my seed  bead stack pots.
The little jars along the top are baby food jars............I knew they would come in handy for something eventually! it was fun stuffing all the little pieces of ribbons, lace, cords and dyed yarns in a colourful fashion and I couldn't believe that I emptied a fair sized storage tub in the process.......now I can see so much at a glance and all of this is right above my newly aquired cutting and ironing table. (our old dining table)

2 comments:

sinkingonbrink said...

looks great! especially like the colourful jars, they work really well.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks :o) I hope having them in front of me will help me use whats in them more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...